Welcome to Regenerate-RISE
A massive thank you to everyone who donated towards our new minibus for RISE SW11.
Our Service has Started Again
During the pandemic we have provided 37,250 individual supports to 1000 people across Wandsworth and approximately 500 people received a regular service. We have opened both Centres with limited numbers following strict guidelines and our members are thrilled to be back again.
Throughout the pandemic we lost 42 of our members and we will miss them very much indeed - we hope very much to have a memorial to all those we will miss and we are grateful to be able to continue to provide a service to all those who are returning. A huge thank you to the volunteers and staff for their dedication and commitment throughout this period. We look forward to a future dedicated to providing greater support across the borough.
Mo Smith MBE, FRSA - Founder and Chair of Trustees
Expressions of Kindness
We are not able to organise our usual Kings and Queens in the marquee on the Green in Danebury Avenue this year, but we are hoping to do a number of events in the locality that reaches out to those who have spent the majority of the last 5 months indoors. Every two weeks we give out extra gifts to older people and these have included scones with jam, toiletries, flowers, chocolates, a ploughman's lunch, cakes, fresh fruit and gifts that will show people that we care. Regenerate-RISE is very grateful to all those who have helped us deliver our gifts and we will continue to do so in the weeks and months ahead.
The Platt Christian Centre
On 9 November 1807, seven friends met to consult as to building a place of worship in Felsham Road and they raised amongst themselves the sum of £57 and formed an association to obtain further help. The result was that on 9 August 1808 the building known as the Platt Chapel was opened. The services were well attended and £100 was raised during the day towards the total cost of £900. By 1827, the Platt Chapel was so popular that even the addition of a gallery was insufficient and often the vestry as well as the Chapel was crowded on a Sunday evening. The Chapel was again enlarged in the year 1830. From 1872 the Platt Chapel was closed for awhile and a site was procured in Oxford Road at a cost of £750 where an iron chapel was erected to accommodate 500 people. However by 1897 the Platt Chapel was open again and was transferred by a Trust Deed to the City Mission and it remained with them for a long time. more...
To Transform the lives of isolated older people through a programme of care and support which respects, values and encourages independence in later life.
RISE-ing to the challenge of Reaching the ISolated Elderly across the UK